Jump to content
  • Study design abroad

Study design while exploring the world!

Discover your visa options to study design abroad

Please be aware of the possible travel restrictions due to COVID-19 that may affect your travel. Check with your embassy and border control to ensure entry based on the current travel advisories.

Want to study graphic design in America, Australia or the United Kingdom? It’s easier than you think! There are many visa options available that allow you to study design abroad at all six of our international campuses—New York, London, Sydney/Warrang or Melbourne/Naarm.

Why choose Shillington’s graphic design bootcamp to study abroad?

  1. Pay like a local. We don’t charge higher tuition for students from other countries. Pay the same course fees as local students.
  2. Move abroad and save? Check your exchange rate with the Australian dollar, the British pound and the American dollar. Significant financial savings are possible depending on your currency.
  3. A life-changing creative adventure. Explore a new city while learning relevant industry skills in a fast-paced environment. Graduate with an amazing graphic design portfolio and prepare to take your creative career to the next level—wherever you plan to live!
  4. Join an international group of #Shillumni. 1000+ students from 60+ countries around the world have studied abroad at Shillington. Shillington + alumni = #Shillumni.

Read more about studying design abroad at Shillington:

Can’t travel to any of our campuses? You can now study online from wherever you are in the world with our part-time online graphic design course.

Study design abroad in Australia

Curious about how much studying abroad and taking our graphic design course in Australia would cost? Research your home country’s exchange rate with the Australian dollar—you might be pleasantly surprised!

Who is eligible to study in Sydney/Warrang or Melbourne/Naarm? Visitor Visa (Subclass 600), eVisitor (Subclass 651)Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417)Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462)Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601) Visa) holders and New Zealand citizens
Which course? 3 months full-time
Want to hear from a graduate? Sheena Chong (Singapore to Melbourne), Robyn Hunt (Cape Town to Sydney), Silja Aav (Estonia to Sydney), Dee Liang (Denver to Melbourne)

Australia offers a free eVisitor (Subclass 651) Visa, which allows tourists of any age to live and study for up to 3 months.

If you’re between 18—30 years old (35 for Canadian and Irish citizens), there are two visas which allow you to live, work and study for up to a year. Perfect to graduate from our 3 month course, then work or travel for the remainder of your visa. Visit Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) and Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462) to check your home country’s eligibility.

Please note: Shillington is not CRICOS registered, which means students are not able to apply for international student visas. But you don’t need a student visa to study at Shillington! Research your eligibility for the tourist and work visas listed above, which allow up to 3 months of study—perfect for our full-time graphic design course.

Melbourne/Naarm City Guide

Sydney/Warrang City Guide

Study design abroad in New York City

Who is eligible to study in New York? M-1 Student Visa holders, Canadian and Bermudian citizens
Which course? 3 months full-time
Want to hear from a graduate? Henriette van Baren (Amsterdam to New York), Chrystal Christie (Sydney to New York), Marusa Rimc (Slovenia to New York)

The United States offers the M-1 Student Visa for Shillington, which allows you to live in New York while studying, including one month before and after the course.

First, read about the application process. You need to be enrolled as a full-time student at an approved institution (Shillington!), have proof of sufficient funds to self-support during the course and promise to maintain your permanent residence abroad.

Ready to get started? Apply to Shillington online first, select the M-1 Visa option, pay the $1000 deposit and we’ll be in touch with the next steps, starting with the I-20 certificate form. If you start early, it’s a straight-forward process that can make your New York dream come true.

New York City Guide

Study design abroad in London

Who is eligible to study in London? Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa holders, European Union (EU) members, European Economic Area (EEA) members and Swiss citizens.
Which course? 3 months full-time or 9 months part-time
Want to hear from a graduate? Carolina Reis (Portugal to London), Camila Rogelis (Bogota to London), Nick Jacobs (Portland to London)

The United Kingdom offers the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa, which allows 18—30 years old from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand or Taiwan to live, study and work for up to 24 months. Perfect to graduate from our 3 months full-time or 9 months part-time course, then work or travel for the remainder of your visa. Visit GOV.UK to learn more.

Please note: Shillington is unable to sponsor the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) Visa, so we can’t accept students from Hong Kong or the Republic of Korea.

If you have an European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) passport, you don’t need a visa to study in the United Kingdom.

London City Guide

Applying for a visa wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be! I was enticed by the whole idea of studying design in a city I always wanted to live in.

Bea Sambalido
New York Graduate

Ready to make your move?

Ask us your visa questions!

Ask a question

Help team photo 1/3 Help team photo 2/3 Help team photo 3/3

The team typically replies within a day

By submitting this form you agree to our privacy notice.
Thanks for getting in touch! We will follow up with you shortly.
Oops, something went wrong. Click "back" to try again. Or contact us.

Apply Today

Course and Intake Date

How it works

Ready to apply for Shillington’s graphic design course? You're four steps away. Select your course, share your details, process your payment and we'll get in touch to confirm all the details.

Still researching? Learn more about our course and view course dates and fees.

Interested in studying online? Use our timezone tool to find course times that work for your location.

Your safety matters to us. Please review our COVID-19 policy. If circumstances change, enrolled on-campus students will agree to transition to partial or complete online learning.

Please hold, loading form...
Please hold, loading form...

Need help? Let me know.

Download our 
“Guide to a career in Graphic Design”

The Ultimate Guide on how to learn Graphic Design even if you are a beginner.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.