Online Student code of conduct.
Student code of conduct for Shillington Online
By enrolling in Shillington Online, you agree to abide by the Shillington Student Code of Conduct and to observe the rules, policies and procedures of Shillington.
Please note: If you are planning to enrol at our New York campus, please review our Shillington United States code of conduct. If you are planning to enrol at our United Kingdom or Australian campuses, please review our Shillington United Kingdom and Australia code of conduct.
The Shillington Student Code of Conduct requires you to:
- Actively participate in the learning process at Shillington.
- Respect the collaborative nature of the Shillington environment.
- Attend all timetabled classes and arrive to all online classes on time.
- Never allow your number of absences to exceed 9 online classes over the duration of your studies.
- Have access to a Mac computer throughout the duration of the course. This Mac will need to have the Adobe Creative Suite installed, as well as Sketch software. As well as a stable internet connection.
- Dedicate at least six hours of your own time for homework each week.
- Complete and pass all assessment tasks including quizzes, student reviews and visual diary.
- Inform yourself of all Shillington rules, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that you keep Shillington updated with your contact details.
- Ensure that you read all emails sent by Shillington.
- Respect the privacy of others in regard to their personal information and private information shared while at Shillington and comply with privacy legislation.
- Behave honestly and with integrity and in compliance with all applicable laws and Shillington policies.
- Not engage in plagiarism or other academic misconduct or actions involving breach of copyright – you must acknowledge the ideas, materials, concepts, processes and practices of others that you have used, borrowed or developed in your own work.
- Treat others equally and with courtesy and respect, free from all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and bullying.
- Not participate in any Shillington activity under the influence of alcohol or a prohibited substance.
- Use and care for all resources of Shillington or of others, when engaged in Shillington related activity, in a lawful and ethical manner.
- Comply with security and access requirements at Shillington.
- Comply with any reasonable direction or request from a Shillington staff member, where the direction or request supports safety, good order and compliance with Shillington policy.
All student work must be original or the originator of the work should be acknowledged. Using photographs as a reference is considered acceptable if your work is developed further in an individual and creative manner. It is illegal to reproduce other people’s work without their permission; this includes literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, electronic, software and certain other intellectual works for more information refer to the Copyright Act (1968) (Commonwealth).
- Ensure your actions as a student do not harm, or bring into disrepute, Shillington’s reputation or good standing
- Not use Shillington’s name, reputation, logo or resources for private gain or the gain of a third party, or private business or commercial purposes, without prior permission