Shillington Online terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions for Shillington Online
Shillington United Kingdom terms and conditions will apply to all enrolments for our online courses.
Please note that enrolling for one of our online courses creates a contract with Shillington College Limited, registered in England and Wales under company no: 6220665. The law of the United Kingdom will, therefore, have jurisdiction over all contractual matters as they relate to our online courses.
The Online Terms & Conditions policy differs from our on-campus Terms & Conditions, which also vary between countries. If you are planning to study on-campus in London or Manchester, review our Shillington United Kingdom terms and conditions. If you are planning to study on-campus in New York, review our United States terms and conditions. If you are planning to study on-campus in Australia, review our Australian terms and conditions.
*In these terms and conditions, Shillington College Limited will be referred to as “Shillington”.
Upon email receipt of the Student’s confirmation of enrolment, a legally binding enrolment contract is enacted between the Student and Shillington. The Student will be deemed to have received the Confirmation of Enrolment on the date on which the email attaching it is sent, if sent on a working day prior to 5pm. If sent after 5pm or on a non-working day, it will be the next working day.
It is the student’s responsibility to have access to high-speed internet throughout the duration of the course.
All students are required to have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch programs and a computer that supports these programs outside of the classroom, for the duration of the course.
- All course fees must be paid online via Stripe—no other payment methods are accepted, unless specifically agreed by Shillington Finance.
- Where extra bank charges to Shillington are incurred by virtue of the Student’s chosen mode of payment, these shall be paid by the Student.
- Course fees must be paid in accordance with the payment plan selected for the course applied. The payment plans are automatic, and managed through stripe commencing on the date of application, and billed monthly.
- The Student will receive an e-mail welcome letter from the Shillington UK Finance Team before the commencement of the course confirming the exact amounts and dates of the payments the Student will be required to make.
- Additional costs for equipment and other resources required for the course shall be paid for by The Student. The Online Student Handbook, sent with the Confirmation of Enrolment, sets out the equipment and other resources required.
- Additional costs for equipment and other resources required for the course shall be paid for by the Student. The Online Handbook available on Canvas and sent with the Confirmation of Enrolment, sets out the equipment and other resources required.
The first monthly payment, or full tuition payment, is submitted with the student application and will secure the student a spot in the online course. All course fees must be paid online via Stripe—no other payment methods are accepted, unless specifically agreed by Shillington.
- Shillington will fully refund any tuition payments:
- Paid after a course has already been filled,
- If a student withdraws before course commencement.
- Students who cancel within 7 days of signing the enrollment agreement will receive all monies returned with the exception of the non-refundable registration fee of £250 / $300
- Thereafter, a student will be liable for :
- the non-refundable registration fee £250 / $300 plus
- the cost of any textbooks or supplies accepted plus
- tuition liability as of the student’s last date of attendance. Tuition liability is divided by the number of semesters in the program. Total tuition liability is limited to the quarter during which the student withdrew or was terminated, and any previous quarters completed.
If termination or withdraw occurs the school may keep:
- Prior to or during the first week 0%
- During the second week 20%
- During the third week 35%
- During the fourth week 50%
- During the fifth week 70%
- After the fifth week 100%
- During the first week 20%
- During the second week 35%
- During the third week 50%
- During the fourth week 70%
- After the fourth week 100%
The student refund may be more than that stated above if the agency refund policy results in a greater refund.
If a student wishes to withdraw from the course, the student must first arrange a Zoom meeting with the Experience Manager, Head of Teacher and/or Director, before submitting a written request for withdrawal.
All requests for withdrawal must be made, in writing, to the Experience Manager, who will respond to the students’ request within one week. You are not officially withdrawn until your request has been acknowledged, in writing, by Shillington.
- Shillington reserves the right to cancel courses for whatever reason before the date a course is due to commence. In these circumstances, a full refund of all monies paid in respect of fees for the course will be refunded.
- Shillington cannot be held liable for any consequential loss, damage or compensation arising from the cancellation.
- Any refunds of international payments attract additional administration costs and exchange rate fluctuations, for which Shillington accepts no liability
- Any financial losses suffered by a student as a result of the cancellation by Shillington of a course shall be borne by the student. Shillington accepts no liability for consequential losses.
- Shillington reserves the right to refuse or withdraw an application, cancel an accepted place on the course and terminate the Student’s enrolment agreement and the Student’s enrolment, for any of the following reasons:a) If the Student has not paid any course fees by the date they are due.b) If the Student is paying by instalments, the instalment payment is cancelled or fails, and you fail to make alternative arrangements for payment within 14 days.c) If Shillington believes that the students standard of English is not sufficient to maintain a full understanding of the course contents.
d) If the Student’s attendance falls below 95% of classes in any one month period without pre-authorisation from Shillington.
e) If the student is found to have committed a serious breach, or repeated breaches, of Shillington Online Terms & Conditions or Student Code of Conduct.
No refund of any of the course fees shall be made in the event of a cancellation under (a) to (e) above. Shillington is not liable for any consequential loss, damage or compensation arising from the cancellation.
Any refunds of international payments attract additional administration costs and exchange rate fluctuations.
- Students must attend a minimum of 95% of classes. If attendance is less than 95% students may not be awarded a certificate and may not be allowed to participate in the online graduate exhibition.
- Online students must not miss any more than 9 classes in order to be awarded a certificate.
- If a doctor’s certificate is provided, a student’s attendance record will not be affected for valid sick days.
- Any long-term sickness (exceeding 9 classes) will need to be discussed with students class nominated Shillington Experience Manager or Director.
- Being late to class is not acceptable. If students arrive online within fifteen minutes of a class starting they will be recorded as missing half a class. If they arrive any later than fifteen minutes they will be recorded as missing a full class. This rule is enforced after break times also.
- It is your responsibility to discuss any attendance issues with your teacher. Students who are in jeopardy of failing the course due to poor attendance will receive a written warning from their nominated Experience Manager.
- The Student may request a course transfer four weeks or more before course commencement. Requests must be made by e-mail to Shillington UK (email@example.com).
- Once a course has commenced, a course transfer will only be permitted under extenuating circumstances, at the absolute discretion of Shillington.
Students must e-mail Shillington UK (firstname.lastname@example.org) as to any changes to their personal details including email address, telephone number and residential address.
- Any student work undertaken while studying at Shillington may be reproduced and used by Shillington and/or any Shillington entity located in the United States of America or Australia in promotional material throughout the world. Including, but not limited to print, advertisements, website and social media.
- The student agrees to grant Shillington the non-exclusive right by way of license for this with or without attribution to the student.
- The student may opt-out of this licence agreement by e-mailing Shillington
Shillington UK is registered with the U.K. Information Commissioner’s Office under reference ZA259781 and is fully compliant with The General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”). Please see our Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy.