Are you blessed with being able to speak another language? Well if so, it’s time to impress us in your native tongue by entering our universal type competition!
Have you ever looked at typography in another language and thought to yourself “that just looks so much better!”? Well here’s your chance to experiment in a different dialect. Get creative with an umlaut, put your own spin on a circumflex or get acquainted with kanji. You could even give a little airtime to a lesser used language (Cymraeg anyone?) or why not invent your own alphabet?
With our Shillumni hailing from just about every inch of the globe we thought it time to celebrate the universal language of design. We’re inviting you—our global graduate network to design a type-lock up in a language of your choice, all in celebration of the quote “Design is a Universal Language’.
With only one week left to enter, here’s how;
Start by reading the following steps carefully.
- Design a type lock-up using the quote ‘Design is a Universal Language’ in your language of choice to the dimensions; 1080 x 1080 px.
- Your design format can be static or contain motion. Submit a high res PDF for static files and an mp4 file (10 seconds+ in length) for motion.
- Colour palette is entirely up to you, but please only send one design—be discerning!
- Along with your submission also include a short concept explaining the choices behind your design.
- Remember to state your name, where and when you studied at Shillington and what you’re doing now.
- Send your design to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm GMT on Friday 13th July 2018.
And if you win?
If you really blow our socks off and are crowned the overall winner you’ll receive;
- Wacom Intuos Tablet.
- GF Smith goodie bag.
- Exposure via Shillington Design Blog and Shillington social media channels.