We can’t believe it’s almost portfolio time—think how much you’ve learnt and achieved since you started the course!
Now it’s time to bring everything together, create your portfolios, and take that next step to becoming a fully-fledged designer. Portfolio time is our favourite part of the course—it’s a time when everything comes together and you begin to work in the way you would in a design studio.
You’re in great hands—we’ve been here before and are ready to pass on our best tips and tricks.
Check out these great time management-boosting apps:
- Evernote → Note Organiser and To-Do Lists.
- Focus Booster → Focus Timers.
- Clear → To-Do Lists.
- Boomerang → Email Management.
- Any.Do → To-Do Lists and Reminders.
- WeDo → Note Organiser and To-Do Lists.
- TickTock → To-Do Lists and Task Management.
- Todoist → To-Do Lists and Project Management.
- Taskful → Task Management.
- Forest → Manage Phone Distractions.
- Momentum → Beautiful New Tab Pages With Organisational Tools.
Know when to take a break
It may sound obvious, but taking regular breaks is super important. Working 24/7 will only lead to burnout.
Know when to take some time for yourself, and to celebrate the little achievements that you make every day.
Here are some of our favourite tips:
- Break a big project down into smaller, more manageable tasks.
- Create boundaries so you can completely switch off and have some “you” time.
- Turn off any tech for at least an hour before bed to get some quality Zs.
- Get active! Even if it’s just a 10 minute walk from your home to the shop.
Read more on our Shillington Blog posts: