Digital Designer / Full Time / Paid
Wholegrain Digital is a world leader in sustainable web design and are looking for a digital designer to help lead our team and industry to set even higher standards in what we should expect from the web. We are looking for a digital designer who is visionary, creative, who genuinely cares about creating a better world
About Wholegrain Digital
Wholegrain Digital is on a mission to use design and web technology to help create a sustainable future. We want to lead the way in becoming a truly sustainable business and greening the internet.
Established in 2007, we are one of Europe’s most established WordPress web design agencies, working with some of the world’s most positive organisations and we are proud to be a Certified B Corporation.
Based in London, our team adopt a semi-remote working culture with the aim of providing the perfect balance of customer service, team interaction and work-life harmony. We work to create an inclusive and supportive environment in which people are empowered to do their best work and are valued for their contribution, regardless of their background. Our non-conventional structure avoids politics and bureaucracy, encouraging all team members to challenge and be challenged in order to continually improve every aspect of what we do.
About the Role
Wholegrain Digital is a world leader in sustainable web design and is looking for a digital designer to help lead our team (and our industry) to set even higher standards in what we should expect from the web. We are looking for a digital designer who is visionary, creative, results focused and who genuinely cares about creating a better world.
This is a full time, semi remote position in an open and relaxed environment. You will be required to attend our London office every Thursday and will split the remainder of your time between working from home our office at Somerset House in London and meetings at client offices in London.
– Flexible working
– Extra day of leave for using renewable energy at home
– Paid volunteering opportunities, team days & team lunches
– Competitive salary based on experience
– Free access to London’s Santander bikes
– Paid traveling for events
– Climate Perks Scheme
– Discounts and invitations to events and facilities at Somerset House
– Creative, self-motivated and a genuine team player
– Experience facilitating design and UX workshops with team members and clients
– Advanced Sketch and Photoshop skills
– Ability to work at a good pace while keeping an eye on detail
– Sufficient technical knowledge to ensure that your designs are feasible
– Curiosity to ask the right questions to identify client and user needs
– Ability to plan sitemaps, user journeys and wireframes for websites
– Understanding of how design decisions impact real world results
– Ability to communicate your ideas to others
– Confidence to present creative ideas to client’s
– A thought leader in design best practice and the purpose of design in society
– Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision and Whimsical will be very useful
– Front end development skills would be a bonus but are not essential
– Experience providing design advice to other members of a team
– Knowledge of the latest trends in typography
– UX experience and understanding of conversion optimisation
– Illustration and Animation (web animation) would be a bonus
1. Submit application
2. if successful, telephone interview
3. Design Test
4. Final in person interview
Each step is dependant on on successful completion of preceding step.