Designer / Internship / Paid
New York New York US
WAFT is looking for a Design Intern to join our New York team! This is a beautiful opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience working with a platform brand on large-scale projects involving user experience design and branding.
Primary responsibility is to execute design solutions based on initial creative and visual direction. Under the guidance of Art Directors, Associate Designers work across a wide range of web-related projects including website designs, motion graphics, animations, banner campaigns, graphic user interfaces, style guides, and presentation materials.
Recent college graduates who have completed course work or internships involving online media are encouraged to apply. Candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week on-site in Soho, NYC :). This internship will have the openness of becoming a full-time opportunity.
* 0-2 years of interactive web design experience
* A visually-motivated individual with interest and experience in interactive web design
* Diligent, detail-oriented, and able to follow direction well
* Strong skills in typography, graphic design, and layout
* Proficiency with industry-standard software like Sketch and Adobe CC applications such as PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator a must
* Experience with AfterEffects and Cinema 4D a bonus*
* Working knowledge of HTML, current development practices, and design trends
* Illustration skills highly appreciated
We thank you in advance for your interest in our opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. WAFT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.