Graphic Designer & Content Creator / Internship / Paid
Rosebery NSW AU
If you’re playful, innovative, love children & want to work on a leading brand in early education, we’d love to hear from you. We’re in search of a creative individual who is studying or has graduated from graphic design, visual communication or something related, to assist on our current rebrand. Video skills a bonus.
This internship requires multi-disciplinary skills and the intern will gain exposure to a variety of brand development, strategic marketing and video projects during their placement. Under the supervision of the Design & Marketing Manager who is responsible for our branded marketing and creative output, the intern’s responsibilities may include:
• social media strategy and content creation
• assisting in the current company website redesign
• filming and editing video
• production of digital publishing and newsletters
• production of digital and print marketing
• production of printed collateral and signage
• research and production of merchandise
BACKGROUND & MISSION
The Green Elephant philosophy is to foster an environment that is nurturing, warm and safe, providing the highest level of care and education for all children. We aim to provide a home away from home that is inclusive for all and enables each child to feel secure enough to develop at their own pace. We recognise the value of play based learning and how this shapes young minds and are dedicated to providing individual and group learning experiences in a fun and stimulating environment.
At The Green Elephant we believe that children are successful, competent and curious learners. Our children are valued for their wonder, curiosities, their ability to do meaningful work and their need to play. We value the heritage, culture and opinions of all families. We view our centre and its educators as part of the diverse community in which families raise their children.
TIME REQUIREMENTS & PAY
Starting ideally with 2 days a week on Thursdays and Fridays, leading up to 3 days a week (up to 18 hours) with flexibility on when the the third day will occur. This position lasts for 3 months with potential for an extension or junior employment. Pay for the internship is hourly and paid fortnightly.
• proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• video editing experience preferred
• creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
• ability to follow brand and style guidelines
• intuitive creative skills
• ideal candidate will be energetic, task-oriented, and creative with strong work ethic and positive, fun attitude
• ability to communicate well with others and maintain a professional demeanor
• desire to learn and acquire multidisciplinary skills
• excellent English written and oral communication skills