Designers in Sydney! Don’t miss this AGDA event, Life on the Inside: New Perspectives on Working In-House, uncovering the truth behind working as an in-house designer.
In the past, in-house creative teams were the invisible face of the design industry but the proliferation of award-winning in-house creative teams is changing the perception of what it means to work in-house.
Organisations such as the City of Sydney, Sydney Opera House, Deloitte, Art Gallery of NSW, MoNA, Gel@Westpac, Facebook Creative Shop, Yes Agency, NGV Design Studio and Harper Collins amongst others, are being awarded both here and internationally.
As blue-chips begin to realise the value design brings to their whole organisation, inhouse design teams are becoming increasingly more visible—and viable. Inhouse design is the seat at the table designers have been talking about for so many years.
Hear the ins and outs of in-house from three leading creatives who are heading up design teams in both cultural and corporate environments: Steve Howlett Head of Creative Design, City of Sydney, Dan Ingham Creative Lead, Sydney Opera House and Phil Spedding, Creative Director for Marketing at Deloitte Sydney.
The speakers will cover:
- The pros and cons of inhouse
- Is there a ‘perfect’ setup?
- How can people stay motivated working across the same brand / design systems
- What does true creative collaboration look like in a world of office politics?
- Is there a right or wrong time to go in-house?
- Can in-house and out-of-house coexist in mutually dependant creative harmony?
- How can creative agencies better understand the motivations that drive in-house setups?
- How to build a brand for handover that is not confined by templates
- What does ‘in-house’ look like in 2018? What does in-house look like in the future?
- The business of in-house – how do the $$ stack up?
Wednesday, 25 July at 6.30pm in Sydney