In-house Designer / Full Time / Paid
Manchester Greater Manchester UK
We are looking for an In-house designer to create highly effective and market-relevant visual designs, promotion materials and campaigns for Southway Housing and its subsidiary, Gecko Homes.
This role offers a 35-hour week, generous holiday and a competitive salary.
Develop the visual brand of Southway Housing and commercial subsidiary (Gecko Homes) by producing creative and impactful designs, across a number of mediums both online and offline,
from brief through to delivery.
Understand the competitive market rent/outright sale and housing development market to create effective, competitive and market relevant visual designs, promotion materials and campaigns.
Take ownership of the Gecko brand to ensure all outputs are delivered on time and to meet briefs.
Analyse design trends, methods and software to build the visual identity and tone of the brand; keeping Southway and Gecko relevant, competitive and modern. Maintain and build our visual
reputation, promoting our vision, values and objectives.
1. Design a wide range of creative projects in the housing sector, for both internal and external audiences, across multiple formats and contexts
2. Create and deliver high quality design-led assets for housing developments, homes for sale and rent as well as other areas of the business; this will include online and offline mediums.
3. Deliver key brand messages and values
4. Work across web, email, social media, corporate literature, environmental graphics, and events collateral
5. Develop artwork and manage identities and guidelines for Southway/Gecko brands, subbrands and initiatives as required
6. Support the communications team with copy and editing work as well as website and social media content creation and upload
7. Liaise with internal staff and external suppliers to identify strategic design needs, implementing creative solutions to solve design briefs, taking into consideration the audience and their needs
8. Proactively manage the creative process and deliver projects on time, to budget and to a high standard of design, providing expert design advice where appropriate
9. Support further ad hoc business communications needs as and when they occur such as creating web or intranet pages, photography, writing copy
1. Educated to a degree level or equivalent vocational qualification in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
2. In-depth understanding of graphic design, with the ability to take a brief through to completed artwork suitable for a competitive marketing environment
3. To be highly proficient and versatile with the following softwares:
Indesign (or similar)
Sketchup (or other 3D modelling programmes)
4. Experience with digital and online communication solutions, including the specifications for digital imagery
5. Experience of design and content input across all communications channels: digital, print, broadcast, email etc.
6. High literacy level and ability to create and edit copy for publication
7. Excellent research skills to develop unique and commercially viable brand concepts (both visually and copy) from inception to completion of
8. Previous experience as a designer in either agencies or in-house
9. Proven understanding of layout, typography, colour and their application
10.Previous experience of working with different teams and building good working relationships
11.Desirable – ability to take high quality photographs and edit them using photoshop or equivalent software
Applicants must apply via Southway Housing's careers site:
CVs alone will not be accepted.