Design and Content Associate / Contract / Paid
Anywhere in the U.S. US
Soapply is on a mission to change the world one wash at a time. And we want you to join us! As a design and content associate, you’ll join our small but innovative team and help build a bold, inspirational, and
next-generation modern luxury brand.
DESIGN AND CONTENT ASSOCIATE
Come change the world with us!
Soapply is on a mission to change the world one wash at a time. And we want you to join us!
As a design and content associate, you’ll join our small but innovative team and help build a bold, inspirational, and next-generation modern luxury brand. You’ll play a critical role on our team by contributing to and executing communications across digital and print. You’ll work
directly with the creative director, e-commerce manager, and our founder to create innovative content and storylines that support our goals in fostering a community, educating people about the global handwashing problem, and offering a tangible solution that empowers individuals to help improve and save lives around the world.
Please note this is a three-month contract position with potential for full-time employment. This position can be remote and is open to U.S. residents or those with appropriate work visas.
In this role you can expect to:
● Assist with the development, design, copywriting, and execution of communications across print and digital channels
● Pitch experimental ideas, introduce new designs, take design risks, and test new creative on existing and new platforms
● Create compelling storyline concepts for email, website, and social
● Develop and execute social communications that inspire, engage,
and grow our community
● Design, write, and execute social content intended for Feed, Stories, Reels, and IGTV
● Help support strategic marketing campaigns and initiatives when relevant
● Assist with production tasks such as presentation editing, making minor edits, preparing files for print and/or digital deployment
● Help coordinate the production of physical marketing materials, including shipping boxes, promotional print pieces, event signage, gifting assets, and branding pieces
● Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop; familiarity with InDesign
● Ability to take design work from conception all the way through to production
● Attention to detail across campaigns, ensuring creative is aligned across digital and physical brand presences
● Strong writing skills
● Writing samples that demonstrate a clear creative vision and an ability to write effective, concise copy for email and social formats
● Proficiency in and an up-to-date knowledge of Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest
● Ability to take direction,feedback, and constructive criticism, and willingness to give/receive creative input—as a startup, the problems we’re trying to solve require that we react quickly, evolve, and adapt
● A proactive working style—ability to problem-solve or suggest solutions when challenges arise rather than await direction
● Self-starting attitude—you can expect to work independently and should feel comfortable running with a directive or task without constant supervision. You anticipate bottlenecks in project completion and proactively work to clear them. You relish the chance to own your own projects!
● Ability to work well with others—we’re a small but mighty team and are all ultimately working towards the same goals!
● Experience and/or interest in professional copywriting experience
● Experience with/knowledge of email marketing (familiarity with Klaviyo is an added bonus!)
● Familiarity with the startup and direct-to-consumer landscape; an affinity for personal care, beauty, and clean lifestyle brands is a plus