Junior Designer / Full Time / Paid
West London London UK
“ We're looking for an experienced multiplatform designer to join the News Design team. As a news designer you'll work with award winning designers and journalists on fascinating topics and breaking news stories from around the world.“ – Harry Ward, Creative Director
As part of Sky’s Consumer Group, Sky Creative Agency provides Advertising, Brand Design and Broadcast Creative for multiple stakeholders across the business. We have recently integrated Sky Works, Sky’s in-house Trading agency to create a fully integrated 360 through-the-line operation.
Our work is varied, from Broadcast Design teams embedded in Sky News to specialist digital performance marketing teams, brand Advertising and Masterbrand ownership. We are leading the way in an industry wide trend for in-housing and day in day out we are relentless in raising the standards of our work. Our ambition is to drive excellence in Sky’s advertising and to help build Europe’s leading entertainment brand. We are committed to diversity, inclusivity, and as Europe’s largest in-house agency, believe we can be role models for our industry.
“ We’re looking for an enthusiastic junior designer to join the News Design team. As a news designer you’ll work with award winning designers and journalists on fascinating topics and breaking news stories from around the world.“ – Harry Ward, Creative Director
What you’ll do:
– Develop brand and information graphics for reactive multi-platform storytelling; on topics ranging from climate change in the Amazon to the NHS crisis and US Election.
– Create and develop a range of content from a 10 second snapchat post to a long-form documentary
– Embrace the fast-pace and excitement of working in a world-class newsroom.
– Be a brand guardian for Sky News.
– Be a confident communicator, able to clearly explain ideas.
– Be a proactive member of the news design team, whilst also able to take design direction from senior design colleagues.
– Work a set rotation between shifts and regular working weeks. The shifts cover live breaking news output, either starting early (7am) or finishing late (10pm), Monday to Sunday.
– Be mindful about the editorial tone of our output
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
What you’ll bring:
– A passion for current affairs and an interest in visual storytelling.
– Formal training in design with an awareness of design trends.
– A good understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite (any motion design skills is a bonus)
– Good creative and conceptual skills with an interest in motion design, information design and branding.
– The ability to think cross platform: TV, mobile, web, social media and print.
– An understanding of the current Sky News brand identity and brand values.