Graphic Designer / Full Time / Paid
Anchorage Alaska US
SCG is seeking a Graphic Designer to produce branding, print, mail, and digital content for political and candidate campaigns, and non-political projects. Production includes each step of the process from conception through distribution.
The graphic designer will work under the Creative Director, and also work closely with project and campaign managers at the start of each week to develop concepts, produce and edit drafts, and finalize for publication by the end of the week. They will work smart, not hard – managing their time efficiently to allow high volume production. If you love a good layout, enjoy the challenge of telling a visual story, and can expertly navigate clients with big ideas, knowing when to let their vision fly and when to put your editing hat on, this is the gig for you.
Duties & Areas of Activity:
• Meet with Project/Campaign Managers on a weekly basis to brainstorm concepts for design projects
• Build individual brand kits for projects and campaigns
• Design all print and digital materials for projects and campaigns including:
– Mailers, contribulopes, thank you cards, postcards, yard signs, outdoor signage
– Door hangers, mailed position pieces and flyers, event invitations
– Logo and associated materials
– Social media-compatible content: static images, reels, short form video and animated gifs.
– Digital advertisements
• Work with Project/Campaign Managers to provide drafts to clients in a structured way
• Build and maintain campaign websites using Squarespace (or similar tool)
• Maintain folders for campaign graphics in SCG’s shared Google Drive to manage version control
• Produce and update SCG-branded templates (Slide deck, letterhead, reports, etc)
• Audit SCG’s campaign production process and support continuous learning and improvement
Start date: ASAP
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Location: Anchorage, AK. Open to remote work, preference for Alaska-based candidates
LOE: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Benefits: Paid mandatory and accrued vacation, paid sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, Simple IRA with 2% company match, annual profit-sharing opportunities.
• Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates an understanding of brand strategy and a range of creative platforms/formats
• Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite
• Neurotic attention to detail
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Collaborative, flexible, able to work virtually and independently during irregular hours in a fast-paced environment under deadlines
Nice to have, but not required:
• Fluency in Squarespace and WordPress
Send: CV/Resume, Folio
Please include cover letter, portfolio link, and/or 5-6 recent examples of work.
The office is based in Anchorage, AK. Open to remote work, preference is for Alaska-based candidates.