Business Growth Specialist / Full Time / Paid
New York US
Shillington is the original graphic design bootcamp. Our students graduate as industry-ready designers in just 3 or 9 months. Our purpose is to provide a world class design education to students all around the globe. Shillington provides the canvas for creative success and career growth.
We are a catalyst for change – in the lives of our students, our staff, the design industry and the education sector.
The Business Growth Specialist is our first senior hire in this team and we are looking for someone that will helps us define and implement a new innovative sales journey to attract and maintain a strong pipeline of prospective students, in order to increase enrolments on all course formats (full-time and part-time in-person course, and full-time and part-time online).
Working for our Head of Operations, you will work closely with our Marketing and Experience Teams to develop a holistic solution to sell our course and generate more enrolments on every yearly cycle.
In the role of Business Growth Specialist, you will be responsible for researching, developing and implementing business and sales solutions in partnership with our Marketing and Experience Teams to attract and maintain a strong pipeline of prospective students. As well as leveraging our extensive Alumni network to build relationships that can be used to support our business growth strategies.
40hrs a week. Flexible. *Depending on the candidate a 4-day contract could be considered.
Salary range: $60K–$90K US Dollars (Depending on experience)
You will be managing a distributed team in our campuses in Australia, the USA and the UK. This means that working patterns will be flexible to accommodate early morning or late night meetings. The ideal candidate is based in New York or London and is comfortable managing people remotely and in different time zones.
– Develop and implement a holistic and modern sales and customer service process that can be scaled and delivered globally and locally on every campus
– Research, develop and implement business solutions in hand with our Marketing and Experience team to attract and maintain a proactive reach out to prospective students and procuring new enrolments
– Research, develop and implement innovative solutions on how we find and reach new markets and students
– Own and manage Shillington’s CRM system effectively, managing leads, pipelines and transferring into new enrolments
– Work closely with the Course Advisors to respond to inquiries and develop a pipeline of leads into course bookings
– Ensure prospective students receive the best information about studying at Shillington, including how and what we teach, what it’s like to study at Shillington and access to the latest portfolios
– Preparing regular management reports detailing progress number of prospecting students, enrolments and updates on live projects and initiatives
Programme Management – Alumni Network
– Define and implement Alumni programmes that support our business growth priorities
– Own and implement our Alumni Ambassador programme working closely with internal teams and external contractors
– Line manage and train Course Advisors
– Regular meetings with Experience Team to update on current trends, interest and new enrolment numbers
– Regular communication with Head of Experience, Lead Experience, Head Teachers and Directors
– Partner with Head of Marketing and work alongside an external marketing agency
To be successful in this role–
– Ability to sell Shillington’s graphic design course to a diverse range of people worldwide, engaging and communicating effectively
– Develop and maintain expertise about the market to ensure that Shillington offer remain competitive
– A strategic and creative mind
– Strong collaborative abilities
– Excellent customer relationship skills
– Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
– Strong leadership qualities to lead a team
– A solid understanding of business and marketing principles
– Solid understanding of marketing and sales tools for prospecting
– Interest in Design, Education, Technology and / or Creative Disciplines
– Desirable – Experience working in Education, EdTech, Creative sector
– 4+ Years of demonstrable experience in Business Administration, Business Development, Marketing or Sales
– A Degree or demonstrable relevant experience in Business Administration, Business Development, Marketing or Sales
– Solid IT skills and knowledge of necessary software applications including Google Workspace (Docs & Sheets), Notion, Copper or similar CRM.
– Proficiency in integrated business management and CRM software
– Advanced knowledge of business development, marketing strategies, including digital marketing and brand growth.
– Active user of social media for professional marketing
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter and resume highlighting why you would be the perfect fit at Shillington.
Shillington is an equal opportunity employer – we celebrate diversity in both design and within the workplace. We welcome people of different backgrounds, educational and vocational experiences and creative perspectives. Please let us know the pronouns that you use and note that interviews may be conducted virtually.
– Initial interview video call with Head of Operations
– 5 minutes Case Study presentation with Managing Director and Head of Operations (In-person or video call depending on candidate’s location)
– Chemistry interview with a colleague from the Marketing and Experience team (In-person or video call depending on candidate’s location)