Mid-Snr Digital Designer / Full Time / Paid
Melbourne VIC AU
We are looking for a mid to senior digital designer with strong expertise in UI. You will be someone that loves creating beautiful experiences for clients that demonstrate what their business is about and is aligned with what they are trying to achieve.
As part of the growing UI team, you will be designing and researching experience with clients from different backgrounds, and with different levels of user experience awareness. You will be applying your expertise across a number of industries.
In this role, you will work with design strategists, UX designers, producers, and front end developers, you will also be supporting more junior members of the design team. Because we are growing, you will also have the opportunity to shape our UI practice in collaboration with the Head of Design.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Strong and effective communication across a variety of channels
– Organise design critique sessions with our clients and the internal team
– Facilitate workshops with our clients
– Provide guidance to our clients about your tools and approach
– Cultivate an experimentation mindset
– Contribute to the design culture of the studio
– Have experience in digital design and understanding of UI principles, design systems and icon fonts
– Previous experience working in an experience design agency
– Experience with interactive and animation design and proficient with the tools
– Have an understanding of development (HTML, CSS) and can proficiently explain and handover design requirements to development teams
– Comfortable working through ambiguity
– Have an insatiable appetite to learn and excitement for innovation
– Have a keen eye for detail and a desire to make things better
– Fluent with Sketch, Adobe CC, Principal (or an equivalent motion tool) and InVision, Keynote and Google docs. We are open to exploring other software that you think can add value to our UI practice
– A willingness to take ownership of projects
How to Apply:
At Prime Motive, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion and consider ourselves a progressive and equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
You must provide a portfolio that demonstrates your experience in designing digital experience. We will organise a walkthrough of your work during the interview process, for us to understand your approach to design
Please send your CV and portfolio (either online or PDF)