Lettering can be simply defined as “the art of drawing letters” – it is a specific combination of letterforms crafted for a single use, often hand-drawn, with pens, graphite or brushes.
1st week – May 2nd:
- Introduction to lettering throughout history
- Defining the difference between typography, calligraphy, and lettering
- Techniques on designing and embellishing letters
2nd week – May 9th:
- Advanced techniques on designing and embellishing letters
- Explore multiple concepts for your final art piece & start sketching
3rd week – May 15th:
- Complete your final art piece
- Introduction to digitizing your lettering
You will finish the workshop with a tutorial on digitizing your designs.
Start Date: Tuesday 2 May 2017 7:00-9:30PM.