Graphic Designer (Mid-Senior) / Full Time / Paid
NEW YORK NY US
Mirror NYC is looking for an inspired, passionate and experienced mid to senior level Graphic Designer to conceptualize, design and oversee digital and print solutions.
As a creative agency and production house specializing in brand activations, each project is totally different from the next and requires both strategy and creativity at each step along the way. The Graphic Designer will work alongside a team of creatives to conceptualize and ideate the overall direction of projects, and will spearhead the 2D design needs within digital and print mediums. The right candidate is both a self-starter and a team player. The Graphic Designer has an in-depth knowledge of graphic design trends, styles and layout techniques to execute projects across all brand touch-points. This includes editorial design, website design, mock ups and photoshopping of 3D rendered spaces and objects, and product packaging. We work in traditional, experiential and digital mediums and expect strong creative skills across all. The Graphic Designer works closely with the 3D Design Team, Print Production, and Account Services and reports to the Experiential Director.
A Day in the Life…
• Oversee design projects: from conceptual mood boards, to visual mock-ups and asset creation, all the way through the delivery with final print production files
• Strengthen brands’ identity within the designs through usage of collateral, pattern-making and layout design
• Creation of all print and digital graphics for pop-ups, activations, retail displays, etc. including: signage and way-finding, branded swag, environmental graphics, social and web assets, packaging, printed collateral
• Proposal deck design and copy editing
• Photoshop 3D renders for spatial mock ups, product mock-ups
• Social media management – create assets/edit photos for our social media presence
• Website management – understanding of Squarespace platform to manipulate and update Mirror NYC website when needed
• Liaise with Account Management, Production and Design teams to ensure goals and deadlines are met
What You Bring to the Table…
• Strong understanding of typography, color, and layout
• Passionate about all things design and in tune with current design trends
• Excellent communication skills and confident when presenting work
• Basic copywriting and copy editing skills
• Strong illustration skills across various styles
• Understanding of best practices to prep for print
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and change course of project quickly if needed
• Ability to multitask – balance and prioritize workload effectively
• Ability to work overtime when needed to complete time-sensitive projects
• Degree in Graphic/Communications Design AND/OR have the ability to demonstrate robust experience working in the field
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
• 4+ years’ proven experience developing professional digital and print materials as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
• Strong portfolio of completed design projects demonstrating creativity and understanding of layout best practices
• Fluency in Google Drive Workspace (Slides, Sheets)
• Fluency in Squarespace; Knowledge of HTML & CSS
• Fluency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of SketchUp is a plus!
• Knowledge of After Effects is a plus!
Send: CV/Resume, Folio
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume, along with your Portfolio or a link your website to Jobs@MirrorNYC.com to apply. Please include "Graphic Design Position" in the subject.