Digital Marketing Strategist / Full Time / Paid
Brooklyn NY US
You will work to bolster the company’s presence and oversee all digital marketing and strategy at Local Roots NYC across website platforms, email campaigns, and social media platforms.
Your role in healing the food system
– Grow the Local Roots member base through creative digital marketing and social media content on platforms such as Instagram, Pinterest, Shopify, Klaviyo, and Youtube
– Draft weekly newsletter campaigns, track weekly engagement and sales, create a social media calendar and execute posts, strategize marketing initiatives to use social media to increase sales
– Write, design, schedule, and execute content that explains product features and showcases what makes Local Roots unique from competitors
– Build and manage Brand Ambassador partnerships through digital and social platforms to effectively increase content and grow customer base
– Respond to customer service inquiries to leverage sales and maintain customer trust and loyalty
– Regularly read and track food publications focusing on NYC and monitor food/wellness/sustainability events and potential partners
– Represent the Local Roots brand at industry events and through digital platforms with the goal of engaging new customers
– Create and maintain email lists, email campaigns, and automated flows on Klaviyo
– Work alongside Accounts Manager and Local Roots Founder to develop and execute guerilla-marketing strategies
– At least 2 years experience in the fields of social and digital marketing, influencer marketing, and social media management as well as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Instagram/Facebook ads
– Very strong social media skills. We’ll want to know how you’ve elevated social media profiles, increased followers and engagement, and increased sales and formed partnerships with past clients / at past jobs
– You enjoy writing and you’re good at it – we’re looking for a friendly and educational voice that also feels trendy
-You have top-notch interpersonal skills and are able to liaise with clients and community members at every level
– You’ve mastered the art of multitasking, are extremely detail-oriented and meticulous about your task list. Maybe you even organize your email inbox into color coded folders.
– You are a self starter and willing to jump right in and get your hands dirty
– You approach projects with creative, strategic, budget-friendly ideas and offer recommendations and insights for improvement
– You are passionate about local food, regenerative agriculture, and can represent our brand through your work. Strongly desired that you have worked your marketing magic in the hospitality or food industry.
Please send a resume, a cover letter, example of graphic design work, short cover letter explaining why you want to work at Local Roots and what type of digital marketing strategy you would implement.