Lead Product Designer / Full Time / Paid
London England UK
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our Design Team here at Kroo. Reporting into our Head of Design, Andrea Picchi, you will work as the sole designer for one of our multidisciplinary product squads.
What We’re All About at Kroo:
We’re creating the world’s most social bank and improving people’s relationship with money for good. Our mission is to remove the stress and social awkwardness that money creates, allowing people to freely enjoy their lives in a connected and meaningful way. We’re building a bank that’s better for customers, their friends, and the planet.
Here at Kroo, doing what is right is in our DNA. We act with integrity, transparency and honesty. We think big, dream big, and relentlessly pursue our goals. We like to be bold, break new ground, and we never stop learning. But most importantly, we are on this journey together.
How You’ll Contribute:
Reporting into the Head of Design, you’ll be embedded in our Product Lending Squad and will:
– Lead and oversee the user experience of product features from conception to launch in partnership with product managers, engineers and UX researchers.
– Design end-end flows and experiences that delight but also solve real user problems.
– Help build, iterate and improve the Kroo design system.
– Get to know the Kroo customer, building empathy and a deep understanding of their needs.
– Champion design throughout the organisation, increasing customer-centeredness, creativity, and visual design quality.
– Play a major role in shaping the direction of the world’s first truly social bank.
About Our Process:
We can be flexible with the structure of our interview process if someone’s circumstances or timescales require it but our general structure is:
– 30 minutes video call with our Talent Acquisition Specialist.
– 45 minutes video call with the Head of Design.
– Design Challenge
– 30 minutes video call with one of our Founders.
Please let us know if you have any specific requirements or need assistance so we can be as accommodating as possible for you
What We Offer:
A day off during the week of your birthday
33 days holiday (8 bank holidays + an additional 25)
An employer-supported volunteer program (up to 4 hours/month)
Personal Health days
Access to the Spill mental health support service
A workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
After 1 year, access to £500 from the Kroo Learning Fund for career-related L&D
All the equipment you need to work remotely effectively, with a Macbook Pro as standard
Access to our modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London, includes a full gym.
High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
Room to grow and excel within a fast-paced, high grow growing start-up
An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change what’s most broken about the industry
Currently, the majority of Kroo is working fully remotely. Working remotely has changed many of our lives for the better and we are behind continuing the benefits of flexibility once restrictions are lifted. At the same time, we have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgment or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.
Your Mindset and Abilities:
– Ability to Understand challenges and think collaboratively with researchers to uncover unmet needs.
– Ability to identify driving questions that inspire you and the team to search for creative solutions.
– Ability to create hypotheses and use divergent and convergent thinking to analyse and synthesise possibilities.
– Ability to build to think, creating the appropriate prototypes to experiment and test your hypotheses.
– Ability to gather feedback from experiments to learn and refine your thinking.
– Ability to craft narratives to articulate design decisions and collaborate with the team and stakeholders.
– Strong visual design skills with a great eye and love for the finer details (Needs to be reworded to fit others)
– Empathy for customer needs, but can also consider technical constraints and business goals. (Needs to be reworded to fit others)
Beyond the above abilities:
– Comfort with ambiguity.
– Comfort with multidisciplinary collaboration.
– Comfort with end-to-end production.
– Comfort with candid conversations.
– Comfort with being autonomous.
– Comfort with different prototyping tools.
– Knowledge of mobile Design: iOS and Android.
– Knowledge of web design.
– Knowledge of Figma.