Design Graduate Associate / Internship / Paid
New York New York US
Hot Paper Lantern Graduate Associates are recent college graduates just entering the workforce with fundamental design skills, intellectual curiosity and a willingness to approach design for businesses across a variety of industries in a strategic way.
The Hot Paper Lantern Graduate Associate program runs for four months, with potential to join the team full time, as hiring needs allow.
At Hot Paper Lantern, our Design Graduate Associates are focused on the following:
• Supporting the design team with various design tasks
• Helping to develop designs for the Hot Paper Lantern brand
• Working on various client work and assisting the designer with multiple tasks
• Designing presentation
• Assisting in other marketing, operational, and administrative tasks
If you are interested, please send your resume and a link to or a PDF of your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Design Graduate Associate” in the subject line.
To qualify you must:
• Have a can-do attitude and be willing to take feedback positively
• Highly motivated and resourceful
• Be comfortable working in a highly iterative, collaborative environment and taking feedback for your work
• Support the design team in executing creative concepts and strategies with a clear design aesthetic
• Love designing across all media (digital and print)
• Possess excellent Suite skills, as well as familiarity with Sketch, InVision, Figma and other design tools
• Have impeccable taste and a great eye for design
• Be able to synthesize and present your work
• Demonstrate solid written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills