Regional Production Designer / Full Time / Paid
South Melbourne VIC AU
The world’s largest small group adventure company, G Adventures is seeking a Regional Production Designer to take its Australian based business and the global G Adventures’ brand to the next level.
Are you a designer that inspires others? Do you have a passion seeing your brand grow and succeed? Is your purpose to drive and make a difference to the world by working as part of a team that is committed to changing peoples’ lives every single day through the power of travel? Be part of a team that works in offices around the world with the common goal of supporting an incredible brand that stubbornly refuses to stop growing. We work fast and hard, and have a great time doing so. The world’s largest small group adventure company, G Adventures is seeking a Regional Production Designer to take its Australian based business and the global G Adventures’ brand to the next level.
As Production Designer, you possess a mix of both creative and technical skills. This role is an indispensable and in-demand support for the regional team. This role assists in producing and rolling out art files after the creative direction and design have taken shape from the global team – in the form of print and digital collateral for global and regional marketing and advertising initiatives. You are detail oriented and thrive on developing and using design templates, producing, correcting and prepare files to support overall branding and advertising initiatives. You must be able to work quickly but also remain calm, and resilient in high-pressure situations.
– Adhere to and champion a brand guideline and standards process for ongoing visual development, to ensure a consistent style, tone and quality for all brand experience across all deliverables.
– Actively contribute to the dynamic communications in a collaborative and meaningful way that helps support, inspire and motivate fellow colleagues and managers alike.
– Act as a local champion for the global team within the AUS/NZ region, and provide useful regional insights for the global team in a timely manner.
– Deliver upon the regional creative and asset needs locally and assist with global workload where bandwidth allows.
– Produce, make changes/adjustments, and prepare files based on specifications for print, digital assets, presentations, agent collateral, etc. projects effectively under tight timelines and in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
– Effectively create multiple versions, updates, corrections, and edits to files with accuracy and quality.
– Demonstrate the knowledge of best practices when using master design templates for ads, flyers, postcards, digital, etc., including developing multiple sizes, paragraph styles, layout options, and image selection.
– Participate in and manage collaborative project meetings to review scope and understand creative design requests and needs.
– Create Keynote and Google Slides presentation/templates.
– Possess strong typography and layout skills, demonstrate a strict attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work.
– Outstanding organisational, project management, file-organisation and archiving skills are a must.
– Assist in producing and rolling out art files after the creative direction and design has been established by creative leads – in the form of print files, advertising, and digital collateral to bring creative concepts to life.
– Contribute to an engaged and dynamic corporate culture.
– Preferred: Degree/Diploma in Fine Art, Design, or related discipline.
– 3+ years of design production experience in both print and digital mediums.
– You are an Adobe Creative Suite expert and have solid working knowledge of Google slides and docs.
– Be comfortable in a high-volume, fast paced creative production environment.
– Experience with a project management system (ie Workfront) is considered an asset.
– An excellent understanding of print production and pre-press, as well as digital production.
– Exceptional organisational skills, especially with file management and archiving.
– You have a keen eye for revisions and consistency, and complete design elements based on existing creative templates.
– A strategic problem solver who’s self-motivated, productive, efficient, and thrives on process and attention to detail.
– Confident multi-tasking in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, with various stakeholders.
– Prioritise projects and effectively handle high-stress level of work.
– Open and adaptable to learn new skills and programs on request.
– A curious, open, light-hearted attitude.
– Ability to multi-task and strong time management skills (and you never miss a deadline).
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND USE THE FORM ON THE WEBSITE. Any application submitted via email will be advised to re-submit their application via the website .
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN AUSTRALIA***
G Adventures is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.