Graphic Designer, digital and print
London United Kingdom
Freddie’s Flowers are looking for an artistic, proactive, motivated, upbeat in house designer to join our small but growing company. The jobs includes: Designing layouts and assets for our website, digital, email and social & creating offline collateral, including weekly newsletters, booklets, DM, flyers & packaging.
Title: Multidisciplinary designer (digital & print)
Hours: Full or part time
Location: Wandsworth Common
Freddie’s Flowers are looking for an artistic, proactive, motivated, upbeat in house designer to create and develop online and offline projects. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a small yet growing company.
We’re looking for an organised and curious person who is comfortable working in both print and digital. We are really excited about optimising the design and user experience on our website as well as launching email marketing. We also have a host of weekly jobs that involve designing and optimising elements for social, digital and print adverts, letters, leaflets, booklets and signage.
A bit about Freddie’s
Freddie’s Flowers was started a couple of years ago by Freddie Garland (yes, his real name) from his back garden. We deliver stunning arrangements with a bit of a wild side to people’s homes every week. We are fast paced, resourceful and we work together to get things done well and quickly.
Key responsibilities and tasks
– Designing layouts and assets for our website, digital, email and social campaigns.
– Creating offline collateral, including but not limited to, weekly newsletters, booklets, DM, flyers and packaging.
– Producing work that is user-friendly, effective and appealing; that existing customers love and that will convert potential new customers.
– Help with photography and film, including editing and post production.
What’s in it for you?
– Free flowers each week
– Toast in the mornings and organic bacon butties once a week.
– A relaxed, friendly, cheerful atmosphere.
– Subsidised circuit training every Monday and Thursday.
– Working next to Wandsworth common, which has a very nice pond.
– A chance to learn on the job about growing a successful business.
– Learn what life is like ‘client side’ – discover the joys of being an in-house creative.
– Contributing your creative ideas and seeing concepts through to finish.
Your skills, essential
– One year design experience, on multiple projects, covering both print and digital.
– Proficient in all Adobe Creative Suite apps, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, illustrator, Premier Pro.
– Experience of working alongside web developers and/or designing for working websites.
– Initiative and ability to identify issues and develop solutions.
– Creativity and ability to generate ideas.
– Good organisational skills.
– Great attention to detail.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to express ideas clearly.
Your skills, desirable
– An understanding of the principles of UI/UX
– HTML and CSS knowledge
– Understanding of responsive design
– Understanding of google analytics and tagging
– Knowledge or keen interest in social and digital trends
– Experience of or interest in interior design or floristry
Ideal attitude and behaviours
– Bags of initiative
– Quick to learn and able to think on your feet
– Good at working independently
– Commercially minded and able to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects
– Great time management, eye for detail
– An interest in flowers and interior design
– Interest in content and design/digital trends and developments across industries
– Ability to handle a busy workload, prioritise and be flexible
– A creative flair that is sympathetic to our existing style
Apply/Respond by: 23/03/2017