SOCIAL IMPACT GRAPHIC DESIGN & DIGITAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP / Internship / Paid
New York New York US
The 2019 Summer Internship is designed for bold, entrepreneurial, creative and enthusiastic students interested in graphic design, digital marketing, multi-platform storytelling and purpose-driven work. It is a unique opportunity to work with big name nonprofit and government agencies.
The 2019 Summer Internship is designed for bold, entrepreneurial, creative and enthusiastic students interested in graphic design, digital marketing, multi-platform storytelling and purpose-driven work. It is a unique opportunity to work with big name nonprofit and government agencies, add to your portfolio, experiment with innovative ideas on how to engage the target audience and take on a creative leadership role in our work.
About F.Y. Eye
We are a unique marketing and advertising nonprofit working with other nonprofits and government clients to better communicate Public Service Announcements (PSAs) and information about legal, social, financial, educational, civic and healthcare services available to New Yorkers in need. At F.Y. Eye, everyone’s voice is valued and every idea is heard.
What you’ll do:
• Graphic Design: Create engaging graphic/web/email design work for F.Y .Eye and our nonprofit and government agency clients, including logos, posters, brochure designs, PSA designs.
• Social Media: Create and publish dynamic and shareable posts, which include videos, animated gifs, articles, styled photos, infographics and striking designs, for a variety of social media platforms.
• Marketing: Design new F.Y. Eye collateral (presentations, brochures, digital ads, print ads, etc.) to promote our content development and message distribution services.
• Market Research: Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on ‘hard to serve’ populations; and, produce reports on analyzing how F.Y. Eye can better engage our target audiences and encourage them to utilize relevant services.
• Build Graphic Design Collective: Play a leadership role in building out F.Y. Eye’s social impact graphic design collective and mentorship program.
• General Administration work: Administrative tasks may include, but are not limited to, correspondence with clients and vendors, media research, taking notes during meetings and filing.
What we’re looking for:
• You have excellent design skills as well as knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash. You must be comfortable reformatting files (different dimensions) as well as converting file types, such as going from InDesign to print-ready PDFs or JPEGs. Working knowledge of Dreamweaver, Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro is highly desired but not required.
• You obsessively read blogs about fonts, icons, color theory, hierarchy, UI/UX, human-centered design, art and photography.
• You have experience working with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest); and you have a keen understanding of best practices for using these social platforms for growing a business and brand.
• You are extremely well organized, pay great attention to detail and can work independently. A strong interest in nonprofit work is preferred.
• You have strong written and verbal skills. Good spelling and grammar is a must.
• You can juggle multiple projects at once.
• You are energized by social impact work and have a great sense of humor.
• You have never said to yourself “I have nothing to do” at work and always find opportunities to spearhead.
To apply, email cover letter, resume, references and portfolio (link or pdf) to email@example.com by May 31st, 2019. We will begin reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reaching out to candidates in April, 2019.
Reporting to: Program Director
Location: Manhattan, New York
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 to 20 hours per week.
Start Date: Negotiable