Senior Designer / Internship / Paid
Chester Cheshire UK
Are you driven by creativity and have the confidence to bring ideas to life and sell your vision to clients? We are looking for a senior designer who will excite and inspire our creative team and clients alike. You must be a real team player and have the ability to generate high impact ideas.
The day-to-day role of a senior designer typically involves:
– Developing concepts for web, advertising, promotional and social campaigns
– Pitching ideas to clients
– Negotiating with clients to amend ideas in line with their wishes and explain what is possible
– Working alongside our account managers to keep clients abreast of progress and answering their questions
– Storyboarding and translating ideas to the creative team
– Leading multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
– Evaluating, and if necessary, altering the content of projects before completion
– Hiring, developing and managing the creative team
– Ensuring all the organisation’s or client’s visuals are consistent with the overall brand
– Overseeing photo and video shoots
– Select and recommend external suppliers when necessary
– Sign off projects before they are presented to the client
– Creative skills: First and foremost you must be good at creating concepts for others to work on. Have a keen awareness of current trends in web, advertising and graphic design.
– Communication and presentation skills: Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to clients or directors and explain ideas to members of their creative team.
– Interpersonal skills: Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. You must have a clear creative vision while remaining open to others’ ideas.
– Leadership skills: As a creative director you require leadership skills in order to hire, develop and oversee our creative team.
– Digital and graphic design skills: Extensive knowledge of graphic design and relevant software is vital. Familiarity with film-making techniques is very useful. Video editing, copywriting and HTML skills would be beneficial to the role.
Send: CV/Resume, Folio
Applicants must provide a portfolio or examples of their work (max file size 10MB) along with a CV and any work experience