Junior Designer / Full Time / Paid
Sydney NSW AU
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior designer to join our studio, based in Sydney CBD.
Working directly with the Creative Director, the Digital Team, tasks will include research and development of design ideas and concepts, design application across print and digital
Our ideal candidate will have 12 months of experience working in a studio or agency environment, have a passion for design, a keen eye for detail, and aspire to continually improve. It is also important to be a good communicator and collaborator with the team.
We are interested to hear from people who are keen to learn and develop their skills, enjoy working in a small team, and have a flexible approach to working across different types of projects.
Experience and skills required.
– A portfolio that shows creative concepts, design application, and final outcomes
– Experience working with printed and digital collateral and skilled in layout and typography
– Awareness of current design trends and new ways of working
Formal training or a qualification in graphic design (Degree not necessary)
– Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of programs, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
– Strong typesetting skills
– Good verbal and written skills
– A positive, can-do attitude
– Great attention to detail
– Excellent at following a brief
– A good understanding of social media platforms and trends
Desirable skills and experience
Digital interface design knowledge
Skills in After Effects would also be beneficial, but not essential
Photography/video skills aren’t essential but would be well received
Send: CV/Resume, Folio