Design Associate / Full Time / Paid
London London UK
We're looking for a brilliant Designer & Photographer, to create high quality designs and photographic imagery for us to use across our app, brand, social media, marketing communications, and elsewhere as required.
Eastnine is a startup in the fitness and health space. We provide structured audio training from professional athletes and coaches from Team GB and beyond. We’re building a digital training platform to give you a coach in your ear when and where you want it. And we’re making each session interactive so it feels like you’re always running with others and getting that extra push.
We’re looking for a brilliant Designer & Photographer, to create high quality designs and photographic imagery for us to use across our app, brand, social media, marketing communications, and elsewhere as required.
Amongst our backers and team are Local Globe VC, Cherry Ventures and founders and leaders from businesses such as Boiler Room, Rapha, Skype, Supercell and Spotify. As part of this team, you would work closely with our experienced Design Director who has been part of the team from day one and you will be responsible for day to day design and photographic content across product and communications.
We’re a team (based in Homerton, East London / Lisbon, Portugal), you’d be working especially closely with our design director, product co-founder, marketing / social media team (amongst others) based out of our London hub.
We’re a content-focused challenger business, and are growing fast, so we are hiring the most creative professional talent to help us get there.
Role and responsibilities
• Designer & Photographer creating high quality designs and photographic imagery (and film content for social channels) to use across our product and marketing communications.
• Collaborating with a 16 person team of designers, product owners, marketing and engineering to help with a range of design and photographic / image briefs.
• Creating and contributing ideas to help shape our service and brand across all media channels.
• Happy to work on a range of sizes and types of briefs.
Experience and skills
• You’ll be a creative thinker with exceptional design and photographic craft skills, keen to work for one of the most exciting start-ups in the health and fitness space.
• A great degree in design, photography or creative content production.
• 1-2 years experience.
• Comfortable and fluent working in digital mediums.
• A strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud & Sketch.
• A good understanding of UI / UX design and, ideally along with a basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (but not essential).
• Experience using Adobe After Effects and creating film content would be useful (but again, not essential).
• Passionate about great design craft and photography, but always hungry to learn and grow.
• Think conceptually and be able to communicate design and photographic rationale and thinking.
• Forward-thinking with a natural curiosity and awareness of trends, best practice design and photography across all mediums.
Friendly, enthusiastic, natural collaborator and communicator with a sense of humour.
• Able to work prolifically with initiative, focus and flexibility in a startup environment.
• Always keen to pull on some trainers, exercise. Everyone at Eastnine joins our team Run Club on Wednesday night whether you walk slowly or run fast.