Junior Graphic Designer / Full Time / Paid
(DAN) is Innovating the Way Brands Are Built through best-in-class expertise and capabilities in media, digital and creative services. Part of Dentsu Inc., Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of ten global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Merkle, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum.
Dentsu Aegis Network helps clients build consumer relationships by communicating their products and brands effectively. Our distinctive and innovative range of products and services include marketing and communications strategies through digital creative execution, media planning and buying, mobile applications, SEO, content creation, brand tracking and marketing analytics. The company is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with over 40,000 dedicated specialists.
We are looking for a junior graphic designer to join a small but critical design team at Dentsu Aegis Network. Reporting to the Creative Services Design Lead, the ideal candidate will have a passion for typography and layout, and a curiosity for translating data into infographics. As a critical member of the team, you will be collaborating with fellow designers, team managers, freelancers and clients alike on a number of design projects such as international new business pitches, client projects and company marketing and brand development.
You will be someone who keeps up to date with current design trends and technology, to apply your design ideas to practical design solutions. You will have a love for the detail, excellent communication skills and have the ability to think clearly in a deadline-driven collaborative environment.
Reporting to the Design Lead, the junior graphic designer will come armed with big ideas ready to work across a diverse range of design projects for a variety of clients, primarily for new business pitches. On a day-to-day basis expect to work on written reports for print, developing brand assets for the media brands, and digital projects (social content, websites, e-newletters, etc.). Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist Global Creative Services Design Lead
• Design materials and documents for client presentations and events in InDesign
• Collaborate to develop ideas throughout the creative process
You should be a Designer with a CV and portfolio that demonstrates:
• 1+ years of experience in agency design team
• Excellent typography, visual design and layout skills
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite –InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (mandatory)
• Knowledge of film editing and animation (preferable) – Final Cut/Premier/After Effects
• Tertiary qualification or market related experience.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Previous experience in creating documents in InDesign
• A creative flair for idea and creative concept generation
• A confident and persuasive communicator, including ability to present concepts and talk through ideas in a professional manner
• Must be able to work flexible hours when required, i.e. when the team is on deadline
• Experience in working in a fast-paced pressurised environment.
• Highly motivated and passionate about design
• An ability to juggle a number of tasks at once and consistently to deliver high-quality work to timescale
• Ability to work within a team structure
• Basic media industry knowledge (preferred)