Mid Weight Graphic Designer / Full Time
Stanmore NSW AU
Bug Communication (the bughouse) is an intimate graphic design studio with a portfolio of aspirational clients predominantly the not-for-profit sector. With one of our much loved team members moving onto the next adventure in her design journey, we are looking for a full time Mid Weight designer to join our small team.
Bug Communication evolved from a Shillington College graduate some 18 years ago and has developed into a much sort after boutique design studio in Sydney’s inner west. We are looking for a confident full time mid-weight to senior designer to join our busy studio. Working across both print and digital applications to create truly memorable and functional design.
Remuneration will be matched with experience.
What will you need?
You will need demonstrated track record of:
• Being able to create inspiring concepts through to amazing commercial design and finished artwork for print, direct mail and digital.
• Being able to work both individually and with the team to inspire great work, offer training and creative direction to less experienced members of the team.
• Flexibility and desire to roll up your sleeves and lead by example and on the rare occasion this may involve a few late nights and occasional weekend work to get the job done.
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational skills and a high level fluency across Adobe Creative Suite.
• Working with multiple brands and application of established brand guidelines to create innovative design.
• Direct mail and fundraising experience would be an advantage but not a necessity.
• Have a minimum 3-5 years commercial design experience (College, TAFE and University projects are not considered commercial experience)
One size doesn’t fit all
A strong respect for differences is a key for success. This role is multi-faceted with accountability for direct client and supplier communication and ensuring respectful relationships across all touch points.
In addition to the demonstrated track record above;
• The motivation to maintain and improve standards
• Self-motivated, confident and highly accountable designer
• Strong processes, clean file structuring and working habits
• Thorough understanding of pre-press, correctly setting files up for both print and web.
• Calm and considered in times of pressure
Must love dogs
You will need to have a genuine love of animals as we share our office with 3 loveable dogs.
Please forward a sample of your recent portfolio and personalised cover letter providing specific examples of each demonstrable element of your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org